AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pickup Engine Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Marv
Posted 9/7/2006 12:52 (#42075 - in reply to #41845)
Subject: Followup

Milford, Illinois
I looked at the engine this morning. The mechanic was on vacation so I couldn't talk to him. One piston was pulled. The cylinder showed a vertical scratch or groove on one side. It wasn't very deep but could hook fingernail in it. By turning the crankshaft I could see some of the other cylinders showed a vertical groove, too. The mechanic had to use a ridge reamer to get the piston out the top, which may not be that unusual. I don't yet know what we are going to do to repair the engine. I was planning to trade it off in six months. The warranty co. says it was cylinder wall failure, which isn't covered. What do you fellows think, was it cylinder wall failure or was it caused by a malfunction or failure of an internal part? If an internal part was the cause and did the damage then the block is covered. Would I have a case if I took legal action?
The air cleaner always looked to be in good shape and I regularly changed the filter (at least once every 100,00 miles.) No, I changed it a lot oftener than that.

Edited by Marv 9/7/2006 12:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)