AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on the Dyson vacuum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/10/2006 01:05 (#42615)
Subject: update on the Dyson vacuum

First I'd like to thank everyone that contributed when I orignally posted a question about getting a new vac. After all the responses on this site we decided to look at the Dyson. My daughter was not sure if she would like the new "ball" Dyson or the conventional model. The only place around that carried them in stock was Sears. Tonight was the first time we've had a chance to get away all week to go demo them.

We came home with the DC 14 all floors model. Didn't need all the fancy attachments that some others had and she really didn't like the new "ball" model, it was heavier to hold and took more strength in your arm and wrist to steer it. We could have saved $20 buying it on line, but I've never been one to use a local store just to see the product and then take my business else where. They were the one's who stocked it so that's where we bought it. All the other big chains claimed to have it, but when you went to order it they all showed it as a warehouse ship item.

Jeniffer set it up when we got home and proceeded to vacuum the basic part of our house. She had just vac'd it one night earlier this week and for the most part we had hardly spent any time in it. She's in school all day and Wally, our heeler (see my signature line) has been riding with me in the truck 11 or 12 hours a day all week. The carpet still looked clean. I sat on the living room floor Thursday night and played catch with Wally and didn't even come up with dog hair on my soft fabric shorts which normally attracts hair like a magnet.

Before she got completely done the collection bin had reached the full mark. I was absolutely amazed at how much it pulled out of the deep part of our carpets. Not only hair, but a lot of dust and dander. We never dreamed there was that much stuff being left behind in our carpet by our other vacuum.

One pic is of the canister before she dumped it, then we cut open a white bag and dumped it on there just so it would show up better because my cousin had asked Jen to let her know how she liked it because she had been thinking of getting one. I figured I'd post the pics here so everyone could see how it did.

It may fly to pieces and make us mad tomorrow, but for now we're sure glad we found out by Dyson.

Ray

(DSC02482 (Medium).JPG)

(DSC02484 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC02482 (Medium).JPG (62KB - 275 downloads)
Attachments DSC02484 (Medium).JPG (80KB - 280 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)