AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working with new product development
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/10/2006 01:21 (#42619 - in reply to #42593)
Subject: depends on the company and the product

I think that a product like the 4920 that Dutch is referring to could be a giant PITA because of all the problems.

Something else may not be that bad if they have a lot of the kinks out of it before they bring it to the farm.

We've worked with the folks at Flexi Coil and I can't imagine a nicer bunch of people to work with. (Sorry to say that's not the case since CNH purchased them) We've also done some work with some folks who came very, very close to being asked not so nicely to pack up and leave. I still find it hard to believe there are adults who are as stupid as the ones we had to work with. And to think they are getting paid big dollars in the corporate world.

For me a lot would depend on what was in it for me. Are you going to gain knowledge? Are you going to get a prototype machine dirt cheap or free for helping them? Are they going to pay you a rate per day or hour for your time and the use of your equipment? I don't mean to sound self centered, if you don't look out for number one no one else will. You can waste a lot of valuable time doing research and unless you can gain something from it you'd be better off doing something productive for the farm or on an off farm job.

Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)