AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on the Dyson vacuum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/10/2006 02:04 (#42627 - in reply to #42621)
Subject: it seems like it is really simple to use

Just a click and the wand pulls out, press another button and it's off in your hand ready to go. I would never have believed it if they had told me they could get that much more out of our carpets after we had run our other machine and it's a snap to dump and clean out.

Few guys shelling corn, mostly those who plant some really short season 95 to 100 day stuff. We don't go any shorter than about 110 because we figure we lose too much yield potential. I figure we will have corn from 80 to 120 depending on which field got a shower on it. Might be a little high, but Mr. Fairbanks will let us know. With the price of propane we're not going to get the dryer out. Only have 800 acres of corn anyway so it won't take long. We ran some by hand last Monday, went 17 to 18, normally figure to add another 2 to 3 pts for low spots in the field that stayed greener and it gains some going through a combine vs hand shelled.

Charlie and Jess had a cattle show out of town this wknd and I have an Aunt in from Sparks, Nevada so we figured to let things sit until one day next week.

One man who plants a lot of earlly stuff on marginal land finally got into a field that went over 80 bu after running for a week. He said he had a lot in the 30 to 50 range. Some of that land would not make 120 if everything was perfect.

Our earliest beans, a 3.9 maturity are just barely getting a yellow leaf or two, most of our beans are mid to late 4's and are still green, hopefully using some of the rain we got a week ago finally.

Amazing how your attitude changes if all the yellow paint is running vs if you're sitting around doing nothing. Seems like the urge jump the gun combining is lower when everything else has cash flow.

Have a couple of the drivers we run with on a fairly regular basis who talk to Wally on the CB when we pass now. They get a kick out of watching his ears pop up when they call him by name. If we get on a job before they are ready to go in the morning he can't wait to get on the ground and go "visit" with everyone.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)