AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is the best flashlight out there for the farm that will last
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Franz©
Posted 9/10/2006 02:14 (#42629 - in reply to #42617)
Subject: Re: what is the best flashlight out there for the farm that will last

It really pains me to say this, but the biggest bargain in flashlights is the little aluminum double AA battery job Harbour Freight peddles for $2.50 on sale every few months. I buy em by the handfull, and probably give away half of the ones I buy. I power mine with AA alkaline rechargable batterys, since I use the thing about 8 times a day. I've got a box with 6 MiniMaglites in it that all need the same little piece of brass to make them work again, but I'm damned if I'm paying Mr Maglica 6 bucks a piece to service them under warranty. I asked Mag for repair parts, and was informed they wouldn't send any because it required a special tool to repair the light. Sure does, a Mark I thumbnail, and I've got 2 of those.

My next most commonly used light is the 3 AAA headlight with both LED and conventional bulb lightsourses. I also power those with rechargable alkilines. Lowes sells them for around 8 bucks.

If more light than that is needed, I have a complete collection of handlights, all with rechargable lead acid batterys, including one that I can use to jumpstart a garden tractor. I even have a 500 watt quarts gasoline powered handlight, but I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to haul that sucker around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)