AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on the Dyson vacuum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/10/2006 11:58 (#42716 - in reply to #42700)
Subject: they are smart loyal dogs

This is our second one. Both were rescue dogs, the first from a friend who liked the puppy stage, but not the mature dog. He was just going to take him to a shelter so I took him instead. I was not married at the time and having a dog around was nice. This one they found walking in downtown KC, skinny, wet and scared. A lady took him in and got him on his feet, but he never got along with her Rots so she called a rescue lady on cattledog.com who put us together. We had called her trying to find another dog after we had to put our first one to sleep because he his cancer had gotten so bad. Wally loves to ride, but a few years ago a dump truck banged his endgate to clean it out right next to the truck he was sitting in and it spooked him. Since then he gets upset if they are dropping big rocks in when they load us or sometimes the jolt of the cylinder collasping on the dump trailer will upset him if I'm sitting still when it comes down. If I'm pulling out and driving he doesn't seem to mind it. Fireworks and gun shots also scare him, we figure it must be from when he was out on his own in the storms. We think his previous owner had beaten him because he really cowered if you started to do something that he could mistake for hitting him.

Two years ago someone dumped a stray by our combine. Once we realized she had been dumped I took her home in the semi, hopped in the pickup and took her to the vet to get checked out. She had a broken leg. Can't imagine someone would dump a dog with a broken leg. We thought we would get her fixed up and find her a home. Didn't work that way she grew on us, especially my daughter who liked having a dog outside who barked when someone came in the drive. Her pen kept expanding and last spring when we fenced in 10 acres next to the house for Charlie and Jess's show calves we fenced off the back yard for her. She's got an igloo dog house set up on the back porch under a roof and protected. The vet thinks she is half border collie and half lab. She is a bundle of energy, but literally goes crazy if a stranger comes in the drive. She loves to ride also, we've got a part time employee who goes to school and helps around here who stops when he has a chance and takes her with in the tractors.

The two dogs get along ok, but are not best of friends yet, but it's getting better. If I have time in the evening I go out and let them run, each one has it's own toy to throw and it's just relaxing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)