AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 questions re 7240.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 9/10/2006 13:04 (#42735)
Subject: 3 questions re 7240.........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

I appreciate your comments..........seem to be a lot less biased/more experienced than those from the dealers.........

We have a 7240 with power shift, creeper gears, and mfd..........thinking about how we can better utilize that tractor..........specifically, putting a loader on it.  Loader would be used to load a maximum of between 6000-8,000 tons of fertilizer per year..........with some duplication, so that would be about 10,000 tons actual use.......maximum.

At this point another endloader is not something I want to do, since we can periodically use the one we have to do the above reloading, just depending upon how the work schedules line up.

1.  How difficult would it be to put a foot-driven accelerator on that tractor, so that if we put a loader on it, we could use the accelerator during that time, and the hand throttle the rest?

2.   We are getting conflicting comments about shifting that power shift forward/reverse without using clutch----------we have always used the clutch, but one dealer told us that shifting forward/reverse without it would not be a problem----------I haven't even tried to shift forward/reverse without clutch, so I don't know if that can even be done..........the sound of gears being turned into scrap metal makes my stomach tighten.  Your comments?

3.    What would be the mechanical hoops to jump thru if we wanted to put smaller tires on the front end, ie in terms of coordinating the tranny?  I would assume that it would be programmable?

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)