AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KENTUCKY TRACTOR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dutch
Posted 9/10/2006 14:50 (#42768 - in reply to #42734)
Subject: RE: KENTUCKY TRACTOR

West Texas

Not too much differences and for sure non on major drivetrain part. (that I know of anyway)

Main thing is short axles, lights and switches and quite likely the three point arms and drawbar.

Possibly will have a parking brake added too.  

I just don't think there are that many tractors out there wth that low hrs at that age. Sure, there's some to be had for sure that are gems but......

Should be able to tell by looking at drawbar, liftarms and links etc for wear (brake-clutch pedals etc). I know that when our tractors get 6-7000 hrs on them there is considerable wear on above mentioned items and a lot of other little things that are tell-tale signs of hrs.

Like the dealer that brought a 'new' tractor out that we were buying. It showed 64 hrs on the tach, had considerable wear on the drawbar, swayblocks etc. This was supposed to have been a brand new tractor. They had spray painted the wear serfaces to apear to be new.  

When called upon them about this misrepresented tractor they came and got it within 30 minutes, no questions asked. This was when the grandson had just took over the farm from grandpa, who had past away.  I'm sure the dealer was trying to pull a fast one on a rookie farmer just a few years out of college.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)