AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HARVEST TECH HEADS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 9/10/2006 17:45 (#42819 - in reply to #42749)
Subject: Re: HARVEST TECH HEADS

From what I saw at the farm progress show, niether the harvestec or the gerinhoff chopping / shredding headers compare to the new Lexion chopping head. Lexion introduced a new chopping head this year that does and amazing job. The 12 row model that ran at the fps looked just as good, if not better than if a stalk chopper were pulled through. I noticed that the Lexion head uses a 3 blade rotary cutter whereas the Harvestec, Drago, Deere and CaseIH all use a twin blade rotary cutter and the geringhoff of course is a shredding system through a third knife type roller with disc blades that will no doubt need to be changed between each season. I know that my Lexion corn head row units require nearly half the power to run as what my old Deere knife roll row units did, as well as what my neighbors geringhoff non-chopping head did. So, I am assuming that the Lexion chopping head will require as much as if not slightly more power to run as most of its competitive non-chopping heads of the same row spacing and width do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)