AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

exactrix system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JohnW
Posted 9/10/2006 19:21 (#42843 - in reply to #42776)
Subject: Re: exactrix system

NW Washington
Exactrix has a "winged" injector set up for the JD notill drill opener which they claim you can place NH3 with just off to the side of the seed row. But I have my doubts that you could put NH3 down with the no-tll or a regular drill opener winged injector or not. That much N especially as NH3 close to the seed row is hard to believe. Last spring I sow some spring wheat seeded with a JD 1895 with mid-row banders using an Exactrix and on side slope where the drill tailed downhill the wheat row that ended up over the fertilizer was seriously damaged or gone. Or else you had green rows and yellow rows of wheat because of the fertilizer placement. But, the sidehill problem probably is not a worry in Kansas.
Any way, the Exactrix injects liquid NH3 and it does this by keeping the NH3 under high pressure up to an orfice at the opener. So this means you have a pump and pressure line all the way to the opener or knife. They use some small lines and nozzles so your stuff has to be clean. And Exactrix systems are very expensive to buy. Here is their web page. http://www.exactrix.com/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)