AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 questions re 7240.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 9/10/2006 23:59 (#42917 - in reply to #42879)
Subject: RE: Can't disagree on that.

Brazilton KS

That spreader was awesume. It does an almost perfect job and he was covering about the same acres per day as we did with two 10 ton pull spreaders. They were there because they had sort of screwed us around on delivering the litter.....irregularly and behind schedule, and a lot of wet gunk instead of compost because their compost facility was suffering from government harrasment...and so they came for a couple days and got the gunk spread and got us caught up.

They were loading with a Deere telehandler with a light material bucket.  I don't remember how many passes...we took 6 or 7 passes to load them and they were at least double that with their machine.  Their spreader has scales and they were showing about 6500 lbs per bucket full in the wet stuff, which was really too heavy for our bucket on that loader...a TH82 would handle it fine.  In normal dry cleanout stuff it handles it fine.    I'm guessing they probably have an appropriate loader by now.   

I knew what the spreader cost but I've forgotten. Over $200k, possibly over 3.

Jake....the TH is less expensive then the Magnum and a loader to fit it would be. Probably about half the dollars.

Edited by plowboy 9/11/2006 00:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)