AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HARVEST TECH HEADS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

silver
Posted 9/12/2006 18:40 (#43284 - in reply to #43226)
Subject: RE: hey silver

n.w. iowa
I believe it ran me about 43,000. but there is a big difference between dealers and the head distributer wants the dealers to stay in there own area. The closest dealer to me was 8to 10 grand higher than others I checked with and didn't know much about them and didn't seem to care. When he told me the high price I told him I didn't want the chopper attachment and he said that was the price without it and had no wiggle room. I said ok and found a way to get one at a better price in a distric where a freind lived.
It ran like I was on vacation compared to my old j.d. 843, had no ears bouncing out, hardly ever see any kearnals shelled in header,( didn't spray for rr corn in beans this year either) Suprised me how well it chewed the stocks up also, I just disc ripped with a landoll 2200 (2 disc gangs in front) in the fall and ran a soil finisher in the spring and planted. With the gathering chains being tappered really grabs the corn stalk and brings them in and at the top opens up and I had no trouble with all that fluff in front of the feeder house which was great.Very little greasing also, some sealed bearings helped. Would do it all over again in a heart beat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)