AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seed-vac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/12/2006 23:02 (#43339 - in reply to #43280)
Subject: he told me he charges all liberals more than conservatives :)

We bought a Flexi Coil air seeder to use to deep band fertilizer back in the late 80's. Bought it direct from the rep at the time Tom Lano. He needed to run it through a dealer and chose Ron. We got to know them and have done a fair amount of business with them. Sometimes it's difficult because it's too far to haul something big back in for a trade. It's nice to deal with people who don't try to take adavantage of you and who's handshake or ok on the phone still means something.

We've been there a few times, once on the way to Waterloo for a tour and once on our way to Clarion for an Asgrow mtg. His Dad took us out and showed us his farm, almost had a hissy fit when he couldn't convince us to stay the night, but at the time we had needed to get to Clarion and hoped to get over close to Columbus, NE that same night. Ron's got a sister who lives out on the east side of KC and a lot of times he will send things with his Dad if they are not too big and drop it off when he comes to see his daughter.

My son used to dream of farming out in the country like that, wide roads, not much traffic, big fields...but then he got started moving dirt and soon realized the advantage he had being close to so much commercial development. Now he's looking for the ideal place that he and his girlfriend can have some pasture for their show cattle and still be close enough to work in the commercial areas.

Almost forgot...being there at the store brought back some not so nice memories of gradeschool and the small sheets of wax paper they tried to pass off for toilet paper. Didn't think anyone still used them anymore.

I talk to Ron every so often, haven't seen his Dad for a while, if you see him tell him I said hello.

Edited by Ray (ecks) 9/12/2006 23:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)