AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brillion Soil Commander- good or bad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mattfolkman
Posted 9/14/2006 09:25 (#43702 - in reply to #43466)
Subject: Brillion Land Commander vs Soil Commander

Oakes, ND
I do custom manure hauling in NE WI with tankers and do a small amount of custom tillage. I have injectors for the tank, but top spread in some places and work it in for the customers with a 5 shank Brillion Land Commander. I am running 10 inch sweeps about 12-14 inches deep. I have a MX270 that weighs about 31,000# and is dualed all around. 5 shanks that deep are a load to pull, and traction is really an issue after spreading. The Land Commander does a nice job of incorporating with the disks front and rear, and the large sweeps and coverboards really break up the hard pan.

I was at a demo Brillion sponsored Fall 2005. I overheard the Brillion rep saying that most salesman, himself included, oversold the Soil Commanders. Although they had the capability of doing deep tillage they were not designed for it and could not handle the stresses. The Soil Commanders worked best doing what they were designed for, a disk chisel running 8-10 inches deep. If you are looking to do deep tillage you should really look for a Land Commander or equivalent.

I have pictures of some before, during, and after disk ripping a field I had spread. If you want you can email me and I will send you the pictures to show the job the Land Commander does. I am redesigning my website but haven't finished yet. I have pictures of the Land Commander but no action photos currently.

Matt Folkman

[email protected]
www.folkmanenterprises.com

(Roffers during Ripping1 (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Roffers during Ripping1 (600 x 450).jpg (95KB - 536 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)