AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Cart on Tracks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 9/14/2006 09:55 (#43709 - in reply to #43098)
Subject: Re: Grain Cart on Tracks

Brazilton KS
We have one cart on a VFS50 and another on a similar designed undercarriage which I built. The VFS has been no-maintenance, just hook on and go. Mine has had a few issues....my midwheel spindles were not attched to enough, been reinforced, and I had a bolt come out of one of my alignment fixtures the first year, which caused some bent parts which led to recurring problems. Other side has not given any problems and we just recently finsinhed repairing that problem correctly instead of the field repairs we had done before.

As far as I'm concerned the only reason to nave a cart that is not on belts is because of the cost. They aren't cheap but they are, in my opinion, worth it. Track cart behind track tractor will run fast without concern for direction of rows, will run flat out in most any field as long as there aren't big gullys washed in it, won't make tracks on anything the combines can run on without tracking. In short, I'm a convert.

There are a lot of undercarriages on the market which aren't very impressive IMO. Look at a VFS50 or VFS70....if the one you have in mind is not as substantially constructed as they are, forget it. If it has tires involved anywhere, forget it. If it has a hundred different pivot points in it, forget it, if it uses belts less then a large Challenger belt, I'd forget it unless it's a small cart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)