AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spreader bridging problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 9/15/2006 09:38 (#43948 - in reply to #43854)
Subject: In looking at your pictures.....have you considered moving.....

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

that cross piece higher........even in a "reverse" loop........up and over............especially since I would guess you don't have to tarp---------my point being that we have found that sometimes when the litter gets light and gets stacked high in the dump truck boxes, and a bow has not returned to the "regular" position (we try to use those "flexible" bows by Shurco when possible), or when a bow has been bent down by the loader.....or a chain has been fastened.......that little bit of resistance makes dumping a PITA.  I don't understand why, but it seems to hold up the entire load from sliding back, including the rear------I suppose there is enough "inter twining" of the litter when loaded and enough jostling during transport that it holds together, especially when dry and not having enough weight for gravity to do its work.

That's one reason it seems to work for us to put a little wet on the bottom, whether that be in the Chandler or belt bottom trailer.........since that heavier stuff seems to grab to the chain/belt better, and when dumping out of a grain box, seems to help gravity move the entire load.

We have had no problems with the Chandler, even after putting foot boards around top.........at least I haven't heard any bellyaching.  I do think it is because of the wide body and chain...........and we have learned not to compact the load, like pushing down on it with the bottom of the loader bucket to "...get just one more bucket on".

(Surely there's govt grant money available to fund the study of loading and unloading litter!!!!!!)  :<)

Edited by jakescia 9/15/2006 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)