AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2388 in crimson clover
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 9/19/2006 20:55 (#45034 - in reply to #44971)
Subject: RE: 2388 in crimson clover

I can only tell you approximately how I combine crimson with my 1680. i run the rubber seed plate on the concaves, so my rotor and concave settings will likely be way different than yours. I run a specialty rotor at about 800 to 950 rpm depending on the weather. I run the rubber concaves to touching and back off a 1/4 turn. The stock long chaffer at about 1/4" front, 1/2" center, 5/8" rear. Shoe, about 1/8", again, depends on the quality of job the rotor and chaffer can do in the conditions you are in. Old style paddle fan, anywhere from 600 on up to 750 if need be, usually around the 600 to 650 mark though. Most of the time I run the transport vanes in the middle, but in crimson that is tough to get out of the rotor, I'll run the grate vanes in slow. Sometimes even take out a vane or two. I cant tell you how to run your machine, but I do run by the rotor tach, especially in small seeds. I'll set the machine for a given rotor drop. I prefer a 50 rpm drop, I set the machine for that amount of load and it works great for me. (I also should say that my tailings elevator is highly modified to run large volume. I'm not limited by the tailings capacity as most will be. Take that for what its worth)

Here are a few pics of the rubber seed plates if you're not sure what my jibbersih talk means.

(rubber seed 1.JPG)

(rubber seed 2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rubber seed 1.JPG (73KB - 434 downloads)
Attachments rubber seed 2.JPG (80KB - 429 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)