AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adapting 343 snapping head to 3950 pull type chopper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IaAngus
Posted 9/19/2006 22:18 (#45067)
Subject: Adapting 343 snapping head to 3950 pull type chopper

Eastern Iowa
I need to find a adaptor plate to mount a JD 343 combine head to a JD 3950 pull type chopper. The chopper has the long tongue needed for this. I can't find anything on the Internet about these. If I can't find one to buy I am sure I could build one but I need some information about them. It appears the 343 head drives off the right side of the head and the drive sprocket on the chopper is for left side of head drive. I seem to recall seeing a shaft run through the adaptor plate on one that I saw years ago at a farm sale, what I don't remember is the sprocket combination to make the head turn at the proper RPM. I am also wondering if the 343 head should be centered on the feed rolls of the chopper or if it is offset to the side. In the operators manual for the chopper in the trouble shooting section there is a entry for "chopper not able to lift 3 row header up." the remedy is to install a bigger cylinder. Is this something I can expect or is only a problem with tractors with lower hydraulic pressure? Any information that anyone can share on this would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)