AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine Feederhouse remover
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 9/20/2006 17:16 (#45242 - in reply to #45051)
Subject: I've done it two ways

West Tennessee
I've hooked it to a platform and blocked it up and I've set it on a cherry picker. Problem with leaving it hooked to the platform was hooking it back up. I guess I can't drive straight 'cause I almost never got it back together. My chinese cherry picker really wasn't up to the job of having the 9610's contour master feederhouse hooked to it. I wound up hooking my A frame and two hoists to it to along with a handyman jack to "help" it. Ok so I was a little nervous. Going back together it wasn't too bad except that my A frame was too wide so I had to take it loose when I got real close. After using both methods, I have to say the cherry picker is the easiest for me since I can do that inside the shop, and it's easier to line back up. My headers wont go in the shop hooked to the combine so that sort of makes that method less workable for me now. Be sure if you use the cherry picker that you think about your load distribution. The feederhouse on my 9610 was a lot heavier on the left sign than the right. Once it came loose from the machine we found this out and had to use the jawbreaker handyman jack to steady it. It wasn't very pretty but we got it done and nothing heavy fell on the floor or onto anyone so I guess it was ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)