AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenzie Repower on 9400
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 9/23/2006 03:50 (#45918 - in reply to #45903)
Subject: Re: Kenzie Repower on 9400

NE SD
No, I'm not assuming any of this is good. I know none of this is good........and we're starting to use more fuel, doing the same jobs we did just a couple years ago........new fuel is producing less power and will only get worse. I liked tier II. Now, unless I'm living in a dream world, we are dealing with an eventual shortage on oil right? It's not going to last forever- both you and I know that. At some point we have to draw the line and say- this world can't go on without energy. What difference does it make if we've got clean air to breath if we've got nothing to live off of. I'm thinking at this point- air leaving the stack is "supposedly" cleaner than air going into the engine, we need to start worrying about efficiency moreso than working towards "tier 4".

One thing I've never understood is how "Cali for nye a" is always pushing our government around.........after all, that is where most of these EPA regulations have stemmed from.........that wonderful Sierra Club. You and I will all agree that agriculture is the lifeblood of the US of A right? If everyone in production ag were to just "stop" for a year this nation would crumble. So why are we the ones being regulated so heavily? I don't see those big freighter ships being heavily regulated.......better yet, why not the millions in LA who drive a few miles to work a day? Make those queer fockers walk or use some mass transit to get to work. The amount of polution farmers cause is "nil, notta nothing!" when you look at it in the big picture. Sure, emissionize our pickups, cars, trucks we haul the grain to town with, etc................but LEAVE OUR DAMN TRACTORS ALONE!!!

I'll get off my soap box now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)