AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

used combine advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Delmarbe
Posted 9/23/2006 06:20 (#45924 - in reply to #45474)
Subject: RE: used combine advice

Hutchinson, MN
I'm one that went green to red and wouldn't go back. Had my machine thru dealer schuduled maintanace a year ago, chatted w/ the wrench doing the work and found out he had been a green combine wrench for many years. Said he got to old to work on them so went to work for RED. He also said for the green ones they had a specific list of bearings, etc.. that they replaced at preset hour marks, when the dealership traded in machines, he felt the red ones were more like the energizer bunny. JD pushes annual dealer maintance for a reason, I'm comfortable doing it myself 4 yrs out of 5. I would agree stay away from the 14/1620, too small, but I'll defend the 40's. They don't have HP the 60's do, but if you don't have to push her real hard the 40's are fine. Because they lack a little in the ponies the 1440's can be bought quite right, and if you wait and watch you can find one w/ low hours (bought new by someone just big enough to justify owning his own, but no way could he afford the 60's), I did, 3 yrs ago I got an '81 1440 w/ 3 hds for $8000 and only 1400 hrs. Reading all the other posts it seems to me the red combine guys are passionate about thier combines, the green guys are just passionate green!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)