AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Make a head mover
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 9/23/2006 13:44 (#46042 - in reply to #45872)
Subject: RE: Make a head mover

Usally not a problem cause once I put the head on I leave it on. On the rare occasion I need to use it it si real frustrating to come out of the hills, find out your head is setting right on the wheelllllllllll ,,in the middle of the road and you cant move till you go home and get a loader to lift back up. All the while by yourself so three or four trips instead of the easy 'one' it was supposed to be.

I dont take the head OFF to move from field to field. Last time this happened was I finnished close to where a bean head was setting I needed to take home. So I trailered the corn head and drove over to pick up the bean head and go home with it. I "should" have set the corn head down on ground, went the miles necessary to pick up bean head, set 'it' on trailer and go back and get corn head, but the other way made more mileage sense and if it had only worked. OR forgot about the trailer and just roaded both home with a slower combine instead of tractor or pickup...

Most times a head cart is ALWAYS pulled by a pickup, never a combine, cause of no hitch, we dont have wheat here!! and combine pulling head up and down hills and muddy roads is recipe for belt breakage!!

Now IF I could keep the bottom side of the corn head from sliding either left or right from the channel it is supposed to set inside!! MY bean head sets right where it belongs in that 'boughten' carrier, no chains no muss or fuss, just drive!!! I dont see all that much difference!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)