AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power Loss on AC 880 Cotton Stripper.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bollweevil
Posted 10/15/2006 18:34 (#51767)
Subject: Power Loss on AC 880 Cotton Stripper.

At first all was normal. Then over an afternoon I was having power loss that got worse and worse until I could hardly move the machine.

So after changing the fuel filter several times with no help. I talked to a dealer that services and sells a lot of these old girls and he said it sounded like it was having a fuel return problem and he suggested taking out the glass ball in the return line on the top of the injector pump that holds 100 psi back pressure. He said he does it all the time and that was my problem and that it would be fine without it. Well I smashed it out of there and it was back to normal for another week.

Basically now I can just feel the machine lose a little bit of power in road gear going up a slight hill and in the field when I go full speed all at once, BUT if I back off the hydro and then slowly get to full speed again it is not a problem. Neither of these used to be a problem, "used to" being the first week of harvest this year and in years past. I just plain feel it not having the power it did.

There is not a water separator on this machine. Should there be? Does that sound like water in the diesel?

Or maybe an injector problem? Like with the governor weights or something? Just guessing now. Around here you can't really get into an injector issue for less than $1200-$1300 which maybe be cheap to some but I would rather not have it serviced if it is not the problem.

I guess I am "lucky" there wasn't much cotton this year.

Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)