AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about a 9750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 10/15/2006 22:33 (#51842 - in reply to #51832)
Subject: Re: Question about a 9750

Ethridge, TN
If you are running a 9xx series platform, you need to look at the left end by the wobble box. Make sure that the linkage that runs from the sensor arm to the top of the guard for the counterweight on the drive is all there. These are known to come apart. It is a turn buckle set-up with ball joints on each end. If it has come loose, or is missing, then this needs to be readjusted. The sensor on the left side is what runs the contour master. The sensor on the right side of the head runs the header height, and the one on the feeder house, or the center, just basically tells the display which way the head is tilted and provides the center reference point.

Don is right in that you need to bring up EO1 on the corner post under diagnostics. Don't have my book here, so I'm not positive which address is the left hand side for sure, tho I think it's 22. Anyhow, if you have to replace any linkage parts, or it's loose, or the sensor itself is bad, you need to adjust the turnbuckle to get the corner post to read as close to 4 volts as you can, head level and raised position. Once you get this reading, you can then calibrate the tilt.

On your tailings, you might want to clean the sensor heads, which are the two blocks that are clamped with the big spring clamp to the sides of the tailings elevator. Simply slip them off, clean the faces, and put them back on again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)