AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tulsa Farm Show
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jcs
Posted 10/16/2006 16:44 (#52031 - in reply to #52029)
Subject: RE: Tulsa Farm Show

Oklahoma
Just my $.02, depends on what your looking for but definately not a 3I or Husker Day by any stretch of the imagination.

I haven't been in a couple years but the last time I went I didn't see a single combine, and the biggest tractor was maybe 90 hp. The fit the whole show in the Tulsa Expo Square, which is a big building but the show in my opinion caters to the urban people who want a tractor with a loader and such for their 3 horses. Lots of the short line companies making box blades, posthole diggers, and drag harrows. They do have some hay and livestock equipment, a few grain drills, as well as some construction equipment. My wife and I went the first couple years they had it and each year it went more and more towards the urban crowd. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have both gone this route. Essentially no demonstrations other than chutes and horse clinics. Enid has a decent show that is primarily indoors and is more diverse in the farm equipment shown (from stock trailers to groundloads, gaters to combines, seed dealers, chem cos. etc). Granted the shows are nice to be all indoors so weather doesn't matter and I guess it depends on what your interested in.

Hope this helps.....some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)