AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baling Corn stalks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tony Bone
Posted 10/16/2006 19:59 (#52086 - in reply to #51962)
Subject: RE: Baling Corn stalks, pic of our baler

North East Iowa
Myself and a couple of friends put our money together and took over an elderly guys baling business that he was ready to retire from, about 9 years ago. We learned a lot of things the hard way. We run all Vermeer hay equipment now 605 M baler will gobble up anything you put in front of it. We AVERAGE 50 bales per hour ( I stress average because every cornstalk field is different ). BT cornstalks can sometimes be very stubborn, we really like Non BT corn with white cobs for some reason there are a lot of leaves and can make bales FAST up to 70 an hour. We use a wheel rake ahead of the baler. ( V - Rake 12 wheel 25' wide ). The rake method leaves some trash behind and guys around here like that. Tried the MC Rotary Scythe too slow, too much dirt in bales, more maitenance, and it chopped it up to fine had feeding issues with baler. The net wrap system on the Vermeer M is the best we have ever seen, no rubber feed rollers to wrap on, almost 100% trouble free. Cornstalks are a little harder on the baler. We charge $12 a bale for cornstalk baling here, 5' wide 6' tall bales no extra charge for the raking, thats figured in the $12. I would like to hear about big square balers myself, thinking about getting one but don't know what to charge or what brand is the best. Thanks and good luck Farmboy, I started with a JD 14 T baling cornstalks for 50 cents a bale when I was in high school. Good Ol Days.....

(IMG_0233 (830 x 623).jpg)

(IMG_0243 (830 x 623).jpg)

(IMG_0244 (810 x 608).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0233 (830 x 623).jpg (127KB - 998 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0243 (830 x 623).jpg (118KB - 860 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0244 (810 x 608).jpg (126KB - 921 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)