AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baling Corn stalks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greg Stremel
Posted 10/16/2006 21:18 (#52115 - in reply to #52086)
Subject: RE: that is very fast

Southwest Missouri
I know you are doing net wrap, but that is one bale a minute! The last round baler I used was a Vermeer 604 Super J. It had twin twine wrap with a bale kicker. I put a fair amount of twine on. It was 45 seconds from the time the bale full buzzer went off until I was going forward again. That was the time to stop, wrap the bale, lift the lid, engage the kicker, lower the lid and start again. The baler was new in 1992. The new ones must be very good!

We baled milo stubble with a 20 year old Hesston 4800 big square baler this year. We ran a NH 411 after the combine, then a double NH bar rake. I did not push the speed. I learned a while ago to find out what the baler could do, and not try to ram more in than it wanted. We probably did 30 bales an hour. The bales weighed 1,650 lbs. The only real problem was milo stalks would get pushed up into the knotters and I would have to stop and fix it.

A neighbor baled some with his nearly new New Holland round baler and he did not do any faster than I did. I am sure the new Hesstons are much better than mine, but I have no information to share about them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)