AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is anyone using a JD w/IVT on grain cart?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

j.p
Posted 10/16/2006 22:57 (#52199 - in reply to #52174)
Subject: Re: Is anyone using a JD w/IVT on grain cart?

NWIL
It comes down to whether the guy on the cart is good or great.

Those that fall in the good catagory weren't born with it, but have picked up on it pretty well. They're able to stick the cart so the back half is under the auger and let the combine auger make minor adjustments to fill, then slow up a bit and stick the front half under the auger. Using the window in the front of the cart for a while to get trained as to where the pile is collecting, while teaching yourself a reference point in relation to the combine (ie, middle of tractor dual across from the tip of the divider, etc) gets the driver to where he only looks over a little bit, not spending his time looking over his shoulder and veering all over the place.

Now those that are great, who really knows how they do it, I sure haven't figured out how. Three guys that have picked up off me have fallen into this catagory. They are there seconds before the full alarm goes off, no matter what the field size or terrain is, they are under the auger right when its stuck out and ready to dump. Once the button is pushed, they'll fill that cart from front to back and topped off without the combine driver having to adjust speed for the cart or swing the auger, all while on curves or really even looking over at ya. Again, not sure how its done. One guy even picked up like this from the cab of a semi, when we started I thought disaster was eminent, then quickly realized it wasn't his first time.

Myself, I fall into neither of the above catagories, hence why I stay in the combine. :) I do know that the first few times when the combine and cart drivers work together, its never pretty, but after awhile it usually smooths up quite a bit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)