AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is anyone using a JD w/IVT on grain cart?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

j.p
Posted 10/16/2006 23:12 (#52211 - in reply to #52196)
Subject: RE: Wow.....start again, please.

NWIL
Boy Ron, who'd a thought, a machinery thread here going off on a tangent, never seen that before. :)

As an expansion on the little bit I wrote above, I ran a CIH CVX1170 for a few hours last year when I took a visit over in Australia. I'd never even heard of one of these at the time, before I knew it I was in the driver's seat with the guy explaining how to operate it as I'm under a combine auger.

In a nutshell, I loved the thing. A learning curve did exist, but after about 15-20 minutes I felt pretty comfortable. On this model of a CVT (unsure as to how it compares with the Deere or AGCO systems as I've only done the farmshow cab sit with them), there was a joystick that was used to set or alter speeds. Drive on up to the combine, set the cruise control, then using the up or down buttons it was a simple matter to change speeds to match the combine. It was much easier for me to stay where I needed to be with only one function to be changing, rather then manipulating both the throttle and transmission as needs to be done with the other tractors I've run on a cart (mostly Magnums and 8XX0 Deeres). Never had the fear of stalling out the engine, even though the cart they had behind this tractor was actually a bit on the large side for this thing.

I've heard several thoughts on why these tractors aren't sold in North America, patent laws, wheel spacings, marketing reasons, etc. I'd think they would be a very attractive tractor for many, I know I'd really consider one for here on our home farm.

I'm sure there are many others here with much more experience then the limited amount of gotten, but its all I got.

(DSC01308.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC01308.JPG (36KB - 190 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)