AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Refridgerator leaking water?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 10/17/2006 00:55 (#52278 - in reply to #52267)
Subject: Re: Refridgerator leaking water?

I think Bill is on the right track. We have a fairly new Jenn-Aire side by side that will leak water on the floor at times. I tried several things without any success. Finally called the repairman & he came out & fixed it within 20 minutes. Drain line in the freezer side was frozen over & when it defrosted water would run out under the door seal (seal was good). Afetr that whenever it started leaking water(usually about 3 weeks) I would find the drain tube froze over.

I would like to meet up with the engineer that designed it. Drain tube is located behind a panel & there is a tin funnel under the defrost heater that channels the water to the drain tube. Problem is that there is a gap between the funnel & the tube which allows water to collect under the funnel & freeze over. The funnel keeps the heat away from the water underneath so it doesn't thaw when the freezer defrosts. :~(. I took a piece of plastic tubing & ran it through the funnel & down into the drain tube, cut it off flush with the funnel & siliconed it. Has been over 8 months with no leaks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)