AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain cart drivers - new thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 10/17/2006 09:07 (#52381 - in reply to #52368)
Subject: we've got one part time that needs your list

What bugs me is he turns the business band down so he can talk to his gf on the phone then forgets to turn it back up and we're sitting there hollering at him and he can't hear or he gets out and leaves it down and the next man doesn't think to check it. I would think that after a couple times he would be embarassed enough to remember, but I guess the blood is not in the right brain.

Also annoys me to no end when he gets in a vehicle, especially the end dump semi that I drive when we're not farming and he might be going to just move it 100 ft, put fuel in it and park it out of the way, but the seat is adjusted differently and the radio is changed. I've told him he doesn't need to do that to move the truck for 10 seconds.

As for cart drivers everyone needs to experience having their 83 yr old Dad run beside you so you have to watch the auger, watch his tractor to make sure he doesn't run into the end of the header and then try to combine. It sure is a relief when my son happens to help at night when others have left, I know that when he comes flying up that once the wagon is under the auger I can turn it ond forget about it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)