AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best small/narrow tractor for rototiller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WRnSWTN
Posted 10/17/2006 10:10 (#52402 - in reply to #52048)
Subject: RE: Forgot to add...................

that if you are requiring 30 hp at the pto, you may want to take a look at a John Deere 4400 or 4410. The new line designation is the 3000 Twenty Series at the dealer. I own a 4410 and it is very good for what it does within its size and hp range. VERY reliable. I have the eHydro transmission. It does a real nice job with the rototiller since I can set the cruise control on the eHydro to a very slow speed........ slower than most creeper drives. I run a Land Pride 1558 tiller behind it and it can easily run a much large tiller if need be. Not sure I would go this route again as I wonder what condition all of these electronic features will be in 10 or 20 years from now. These are NOT tractor you want to leave setting out in the weather unprotected. Mine stays parked in an enclosed shop so the switches stay dry. All I can say is that so far it has been a great tractor. If you want a "plain jane" gear tractor in this size range, the Deere 790 is also a very reliable and bullet proof design.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)