AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

antifreeze in fire extiguisher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Franz©
Posted 10/18/2006 03:13 (#52758 - in reply to #52744)
Subject: RE: antifreeze in fire extiguisher

Chad, I'd like you to try a little experiment for me.
Wrap your hand in about 50± sheets of toilet paper by winding the paper around your fingers. Then collapse your fingers and remove the rolled paper, and fold the edges into the roll so you have a toilet paper donut, for want of a better description.
Take the donut outside, set it on a surface that won't burn, and light the inside edge of the donut. I guarantee you won't need antifreeze or lighter fluid. You'll have a long burning (relatively) heat sourse that will make a can of sterno look like a birthday candle, and you can cook a grilled chese sandwich over it on a metal plate.

Next weeks class will be on how to explode a toilet with toilet paper. Students must bring their own paper and toilet, and the instructor disclaims any and all responsibility for damages and or injurys.

As far as calcium on a combine, I fully agree it ain't gonna be pretty, but it damn well beats charcoaled combine. I've often wondered why, given all the combine fires, people don't have fire supression systems on the machine itself. It sure can't be a matter of cost, and I think space is available. I really don't think 2½ gallons of water is going to put out much fire on a combine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)