AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monsanto Police
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/18/2006 22:07 (#53085 - in reply to #53066)
Subject: RE: Why dont you believe it?...just plant

Chebanse, IL.....

on cloudy days. Satellites can't see thru clouds.

I personally doubt the satellite imagery proof also. I'd think that would be hard evidence to prove. Lots of farmers have bins-lots have beans stored in bins-lots have RRSB in those bins-lots of them park their planters maybe near those bins when not in the field. Doesn't seem so hard to fathom. I think I can remember planters sitting near bins for about 50 yrs now.

I wouldn't doubt there are satellites capable of such photos...but I'm guessing it would be very expensive to get the job done. It's one thing for the military to do it...no cost object. But the St of IL can't even afford to get the whole state done on satellite for Google Earth. I'd guess we're less than 30% satellite here. Also-after having looked @ Google Earth stuff for a while, I doubt anyone could tell if a farmer was even around the planter. Plus, I believe satellites have to be set up well ahead of time. You don't just turn one around & come back for another pass. NOW, there may be aircraft surveillance....but again that would be costly. But then again....farmers often ask what all their tech fee $$ are going towards.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)