AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9550 fixed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 10/19/2006 14:50 (#53370 - in reply to #53287)
Subject: Wonder.............

First things first. The circuit boards are weak and can't take a lot of pressure. I have had the main board repaired by Ag Express because I couldn't keep the crew from washing the compartment out. This Fall I blasted the ground circuit in the hyd. control board at the rear of the machine. Just grounded the system to the frame to fix that.

Both boards have corrosion on them and I expect to need one or both replaced/repaired soon.

My two main concerns on any modern electric system is jumping to start and welding. Both can have serious impact on the life and cost of repair. Jumping takes time and care not to cross the leads. Sounds simple, but you would not believe the mistakes. Welding, what can I say? The entry points of stray voltage is not only the battery, but just about any other electronic device on the machine. Starters, Alt., wiper motors, and such. Disconnect things until you feel safe. People have different levels of "safety". I always remove the wires on the battery, starter and alt., then any devices near the "weld".

One of the strangest things are cell phones. Lots of current there, much more than we think. I have seen powershift tractors stop when the cell phone rings. Have to go to N and start over. Never would have believed it until I saw it happen. Some tractors "require" an outside antenna to prevent this.

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)