AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To FarmerTom (NB) - new small combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 10/19/2006 17:22 (#53426 - in reply to #53378)
Subject: Re: To FarmerTom (NB) - new small combines

Near-north Ontario, French River
i guess its a case of you have to live there to understand the issues. Where we go deer hunting in northern ontario there are several VERY small beef operations, think in the order of 50 acres in size and maybe 20 head of cattle. These small operations sell most of their beef to local populations because store bought beef is just too expensive, transportation to Nowhereville can get extremely expensive. So in case like this, and there are lots of them, the locals really do care where the food comes from, localally produced saves them some coin. As for bringing in 100 car unit trains, you do realize that there are few places outside of the major grain producing areas that can actaully handle unit trains. I'd hazard a guess and say there isnt a single place in Ontario that can handle unit trains, apart from the major shipping points/terminal elevators. I will agree that the market for the pint sized machines is very small, and thats why the majors have abandoned it, but that does not negate the point that the market does exist.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)