AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

canola or rape seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

e_student
Posted 10/20/2006 17:50 (#53771 - in reply to #53725)
Subject: RE: MB trac ??

good old Germany
Yes John, you are right. It's a MB -Trac, 1600 Intercooler I think. They were build by Mercedes until 91 or 92 I think, and this one is one of the last which were produced.
It belongs to the custom worker who applied the manure, and it's one of 3 I know around here today. This machine did over 13.000 h at that custom worker, 50% farming and 50 in front of a huge wood shredder.
That Trac-concept got popular in the 80's, the 4 tires of the same size should improve traction, and that machines were one of the first which had 40km / 25mph road speed. The engineers from mercedest thought to fix a box for seed and fertilizer or a sprayer on the rear axle...In my opinion only the idea of putting a tank for the sprayer on the trac was useful, when you had to pay 15% more compared to other tractors.
Today there is only the JCB -Fasttrac on the market.
The MB -Trac had more hydraulik valves /and flow then other tractors from the late 80, and when I got on it one and a half years ago, I thought it's still a good workplace.
So what I want to say, it was a good and modern machine at that time, and for the custom worker it was one of a few puwerful one at that times. All machines I know from that time, like the case IH 1455XL, the Fendt 614 or 4X55 deere had around 150-160 engine hp.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)