AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Litter Spreading pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 10/22/2006 11:06 (#54132 - in reply to #54118)
Subject: RE: Litter Spreading pics

Flandreau, SD

If that is directed at me, not much.  We have never gottin the litter to be the "right" moisture for them to spread right.  Not sure what too do to get it dry enough.  Maybe need longer than 4 -5 months to compost. 

When we got the boxes I ordered truck mounts just like I did with tthe knights and put them on terragators 3 wheelers instead of the IH truck.  I told them I had a 1 to 1 ratio pto and the motors ran almost 3 grand.  put them all together and blow up a pump on the first one.  Called Chandler up and they did not know anymore than me!  Took to my hyd. shop in Souix Falls and they got them going.  Then there are no relief vavles in the system.  Electric over hyd. cylinders for the gate and my whole back ind will lift to dump all in one spot.  Called them again and they said to only run the cylinders at an idle.  Ya Right!!!  Put reliefs in and then the system over heats on 85 degree day.  We stock pile in the feild so down time inbetween loads is as fast as the loader can put 4 buckets in.  Not enough time to let cool.  If I uesd them more I would have to put electric coolers on them. 

Maybe nobody showed me how they run, but the Knights I put together started with no problems and been runing with no problems for 3 years now.  Like I said before if we get our contract renewed I will see about haveing the litter wet enough to run the Knights all the time. 

We give all our equipment unit numbers to keep track of upkeep and the are "POO I" and "POO II". I don''t know we get a kick out of it. 

couple weeks ago their was talk on here about brigdeing on litter spreaders and  I think you need a "forced" ejection system to avoid alot of trouble.

If you where not asking me, ohwell I said it anyway.

Edited by agboy 10/22/2006 11:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)