AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Duramax question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dutch
Posted 10/24/2006 00:24 (#54669 - in reply to #54419)
Subject: Re: Duramax question

West Texas
We have on the farm here:

02 (mine and it's chipped) -114.000 miles No problems with engine or tranny. oops, forgot, had waterpump go out not too long ago.
03 with +/-70.000 miles. no problems
04 (early) with 80.000 miles. On it's 3rd set of injectors and has new heads. Dealer messed them up while doing the injectors.
04 (early) with 105.000 miles, on it's second set of injectors and is now in shop getting new injector pump. Needs new injectors too but it's out of warranty and it still runs on them.....

All of these trucks have had either 1 or both front wheel bearings replaced and all have had tie-rods etc replaced.
They all have the torsion bars cranked a little to raise the front ends to give more clearance. All ride on 285's except mine, I run 305's.

The 04's get better milage but lack in power some compared to the 02 and 03.

Neighbor has an 06 dually with about 80.000 miles. No problems with his and he get's better milage then we do on any of ours. 15-17mpg and that's farm use too.

His son has a late 04 or ealy 05 and has had overheating problems and is leaking coolant right now. It has 60.000 miles.
His younger son has an 06 that just got wrecked. He got T-boned right behind the drivers door. He's lucky to have walked away with only minor bruises.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)