AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a drone do this? This is what i like it to help me with.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paulziets
Posted 10/11/2016 13:25 (#5575762)
Subject: Can a drone do this? This is what i like it to help me with.

South Africa; Free State;Vrede
Good day to you all. I have a need for a drone to help me in a couple of situations:
1) Counting livestock. 3000 head of sheep and 500 head of cattle. I heard that taking good quality photos of the herds and counting them on the photo is the most accurate and cost effective. Herd sizes is minimum 500 Sheep and 100 Cattle. A couple of times in the year its 1000 plus sheep and 250 plus cattle in a mob. Any other suggestions?

2) Security. I have one household that is causing me lots of problems and I can't get them evacuated. None of them are working and I have a lots of stock theft, Diesel theft etc. on the property and can't catch them. The property is 3.3 miles (5.2km) away from the homestead. I would like the drone to go and visit the place once every 2-4 hours at night and survey an area of 400 acres with FLIR and show me what they are up to.

Security: What would also be nice is if it can shine some light on all the dwellings i have on my property to let them know they are being watched? Maybe playing a recorded message to them as well.

Would it be able to fly independently if it has the coordinates of an triggered alarm and report back to me what it sees there?

3) Lastly for crop scouting purposes. which is the obvious

Would a drone be able to manage this? What sort of price tag are we looking at for these features?

Looking forward to your ideas and answers
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)