AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To hexx with Ford
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHIO-FARMBOY®
Posted 10/29/2006 17:34 (#56266 - in reply to #56067)
Subject: Re: I'll take manual hubs anyday

South-Western Ohio
Nothing like hopping into the truck(95 Chevy with auto hubs) thats been setting with a wagon hooked up in the field.Go to take off and it just spins.Get out,unhook wagon,drive forward a good bit to engage the 4wd,back up and re-hook wagon and progress on.But with my old faithfull manual hubs,jump in truck start it and take off,4wd works as soon as i yank my stick.

Both systems have there place,but for a good work truck,manual hubs seem to work the best for me.Now for just everyday non field driving the auto hubs are ok,i just hate the waiting time for it to kick in.If you plan for it,they are ok.

Reminds me of when i was 16 or 17 and at the county fair tractor-truck pull.I had washed and waxed dads truck all up nice and shiney.Well i was pulling a few pullers off the track.First truck i hooked to was a 4wd that stopped in his tracks where he spun out.Well i hadn't locked the hubs in and i tightened the tow rope and proceeded to spin myself.Yep i got a good laugh from the crowd.Locked hubs in and proceeded to pull him off again and broke the rope,the puller still had his truck in gear.The rope was not the heaviest,but was far from a piece of twine,so i guess i redeemed myself from the laughs when i broke the rope.Oh the good ol days,79 Ford F250,400 4spd and 33's,sharp looking truck in it's day,or for that matter today if it was still around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)