AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pretty impressive operator here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WNYZONETILLER
Posted 10/29/2006 20:58 (#56338 - in reply to #56326)
Subject: Re: Pretty impressive operator here

I hate to brag.............but we ( me and our other 2 silage dump cart operators) can and have chopped that way before. Watch your mirrors and when the guy in the chopper says stop on the radio you stop. Since we went to the high side dump byron and richardton carts we turn around and fallow tractor first when breaking in the feilds, but when we had wagons like the ones used in that video thats how we did it to. IMHO following the chopper tractor first is harder, you have to be right on his butt, because of the distance he has to blow over the top of the tractor into the cart, and by close I mean CLOSE , my grill is usually no more then 2'-3' away from his rear end. Any mishaps and you have a mess, either a tractor chopper collision or a tractor cab and window plasterd with silage. Those wagons seen in the video actually were better for breaking the feild in. Just tip it up like shown and maintain a 10' or so gap between your rear and the choppers, when he says full, put the wagon down and haul a$$ to get out of there so the next wagon can back down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)