AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Know nothing about drones. Help would be appreciated.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Posted 11/25/2016 10:46 (#5656309)
Subject: Know nothing about drones. Help would be appreciated.

Been thinking about purchasing a drone. Here are some things I think could help with my ranch. I run cows in big rough country. I would like to fly a drone in areas that would take a good half a day to ride to a horseback. If cattle are there then I can strike out for that area or look in another. I can see a drone really saving on horse flesh. These areas have no cell service.(if that is a problem.) I have a I phone 5. Another benefit I can see is my calving area for 2 year olds is just over the hill. I wonder if I could fly the drone over to see if anything is calving during the day. I live high in the mountains so it does get cold here. Instead of driving a truck every time. I also farm 400 acres of alfalfa and some some grains for silage. Can I use a drone to benefit me in regards to my farm? Like I said I know nothing about drones. With hay and cattle prices the way they are I don't have a huge budget. And maybe a drone won't do me any good. If you think I could benefit, I'd like advice on a drone that would fit my needs. Thanks.

Edited by 8670 11/25/2016 10:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)