AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What the worst POS that's been in your shed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mr. Snerdly1
Posted 11/3/2006 03:02 (#57630 - in reply to #57578)
Subject: RE: Please Mr Snerdly1 tell us more!

You and School of Hard Knocks are exactly correct in what you say. I suppose after all the money I spent on the machine it would have been OK, but every time something would go wrong with it towards the end, I would say to myself I have replaced almost everything, now I have a good machine and then something else would happen. The hydraulic pump was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had just spent over $16000 on it (bad engine, separater engagement clutch, feederhouse chain, bearings, for the second time, other smaller things as well) and then the header would not raise after using it on wheat last year. Dealer said it was bad pump, I said I thought it was an electrical problem or stuck valve. After replacing pump, it still did not work. They then found a poppet valve in some valve stack not working. After that I was so mad I said I would never run the machine again, it could rust down into a pile of nothing as far as I cared.

The dealer that replaced the hydro did not charge me except for the first hydro, and they did replace both pump and motor each time. I can't complain about that part, and they did furnish me with a 1460 combine while repairing it. I don't know if there was something wrong with the 1460, but the 6620 JD I had before I got the 1680 would cut rings around it. Needless to say I am off of rotary combines.

I honestly hope the guy I sold it to has no trouble with it. I was very glad to see it go and would not wish him to have any trouble with it even though I don't believe I got enough money for it, but at least I do not have to see it every day and be reminded of my agony with the machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)