AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rosco, other's with experience...Draper Headers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

vvv
Posted 11/3/2006 20:51 (#57825 - in reply to #57809)
Subject: RE: Rosco, other's with experience...Draper Headers

West Central MN
We have had a 36' CaseIH 2062 FlexDraper head for the past two years and absolutely love it.

We don't raise wheat so it is only used for Soybeans. However I have heard that they are awesome in Wheat as well. We have very rolling ground and it does a great job of following the contours. You said you have flat ground so it should do an exceptional job. Really what it comes down to is the steady flow of crop into the combine due to the drapers feeding is what really makes this head shine. We had some very green stemmed beans this year and we just purred along. If we were to have tried to combine the same beans with an auger header we would have been plugging constantly due to the bunching on the head.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the CaseIH 2062 FlexDraper Header is made by MacDon. It is actually just a MacDon 974 FlexDraper with different decals on it. So, I'm sure your local CaseIH dealer would be more than happy to give you a quote on one.

I really know nothing about Honeybee headers but I have heard they are very nice as well.

You are correct they are not cheap, but I know that we will never have an auger header on this farm again!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)