AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tuna Fishing with a Drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/26/2017 06:47 (#5794949)
Subject: Tuna Fishing with a Drone

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I don't own a Drone but lurk here occasionally. Last night on the Outrageous Acts of Science Television program they showed how a drone was used for Tuna fishing. Their technique involved two people. One running the Drone and another holding a fishing pole. They were both standing on shore.

The Drone had a line from it with a spring type latch that they put on the fishing line before the Drone took off. The Drone pilot would fly the Drone out over the water while the person holding the fishing pole would allow the line to play out. If the Drone operator saw a Tuna via the camera, he controlled the Drone to hover and descend to drop the bait and hook into the water in the vicinity of the Tuna. If the Tuna took the bait and got hooked, the fishing line was pulled off of the line from the Drone since the tension would cause the line to be released from the spring type latch. The Drone operator could bring the Drone back to shore while the person with the fishing pole reeled it in.

Maybe this is quite common but I found it very interesting. Sorry no video. It is recorded on my DISH DVR but I don't know how to capture it and upload it here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)