AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Dryers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 11/5/2006 21:59 (#58389 - in reply to #58375)
Subject: RE: Grain Dryers

East Central Ia
h2, does your dryer have an automatic moisture control setup or do you do it manually. Do you remember what kind of money the dryer cost? There are several reasons why i want a bigger dryer... i will try to get pics on here when i find my digi cam (: We bought an old elevator site a few years ago and have been in the process of updating and repairing everything thats wore out. The site is within 3 miles of all of the ground i farm. I have a 250,000bu bin at that site that i have been renting to a local coop but we are to the point that we need the space and are going to start using it. I have a 12,000 bu wet bin that is not hoppered so i really only get about 7-8,000 to run out and my dryer will only do about 600 bph. I either want to get a bigger dryer or add another section or two to my dryer now to get more drying capacity. I want to put a power sweep of some sort in my wet tank so i can get the whole 12,000 bu to come out. I think if i can get this done it will really help my harvest speed along.

Has anyone else put some sort of a powered sweep in a wet tank instead of using a hopper a bin? I see shivvers has something they call a Dri-flow system. Does anyone else make something like this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)