AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trouble With Storing Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MEJ
Posted 11/8/2006 20:22 (#59346)
Subject: Trouble With Storing Soybeans

Manitoba
Here in southern Manitoba soybean acres have really taken off in about the last 5 yrs. I've grown them 4 out of the last 6 yrs. One year the harvest was late and they came off border line dry but with quite a few imature green seeds (we call them jellybeans). I had them in a 1500 bus hopper bin and they were quite cold when they were put in. I wasn't too concerned about them and didnt check them as often as I should have and by Feb. I had quite a moldy layer on top. This year they came off earlier and in better shape. I bined them at about 12% moisture and farely cool. I noticed today I've got mold starting to form on top in t
the bin. I'll put an aeration fan on that bin some morning when the ground is frozen (kind of muddy now). Are soybeans prone to this? Is it the green jellybeans doing this, even though the average moisture is dry?I'll wait for an answer from all you American bean experts.
With what we've been getting for yields and the prices, I'm ready to give up on beans and stick to canola for an oilseed crop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)