AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow up..... Harbor Freight Tubing Roller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 6/20/2017 21:08 (#6081327 - in reply to #6081119)
Subject: RE: Follow up..... Harbor Freight Tubing Roller

SW Ohio
Von, have one of these https://www.harborfreight.com/compact-bender-38470.html and have used it to bend solid rod and flat stock, tube pipe only for large radius. It takes some getting used to in order to make what you want. have made 1/4x1 loops to put on ends of cattle panels so they pin together like the store bought ones. Have read the directions but am still confused on how to do some of the odd things I want (complex bends). You are right, need some waste on the ends to have a good curve in your final product (unless you want some flat spot on your circle to weld on a flat surface). I made my own similar to yours for a special project, took a heavy flat plate and used 5/8" bearings for the twin rollers and a pulley with bearing for the moveable roller, too crude to show a picture but it made what I needed. Wonder if yours is tuff enough to make hoops for 1000 gallon leg tanks?

there are some really neat Youtubes of bending machines that can turn out perfect complex stuff faster than you can read this sentence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)