AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ideas for a 3 point mounted striptill bar running Dawn units
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 11/14/2006 05:48 (#61405 - in reply to #61159)
Subject: Re: ideas for a 3 point mounted striptill bar running Dawn units

Aberdeen MS
Hi Dave.

Thanks for the compliment. The strips themselves are right at about 8" wide in that photo. Those strips were made on 5/15 06 battling wet conditions. After the frost left last spring, I had about a 10" wet snow fall. With ground being thawed out, the melt went straight down into a wet soil profile from last fall. When picking last fall, that field was wet enough I couldn't put a truck in the field... all the corn has to be hauled to the road and unload OFF the field.

My planter is also a 10 row. When I switched from 36 inch rows, I had just rebuilt the 7000 8 row. On trade I couldn't even get my rebuild costs back out let alone get paid for the steel in the frame. So I pulled a tape measure and found out I could carry 10 units in a 30" configuration. The switch over came to less than $1000. For myself, it was a no brainer than getting someone elses worn out 12 row for around $750/row. The extra 2 rows would not do anything for efficiency on my 570 acres of row crop rotation.

The first year I tried strip tilling with the Pluribus units, I had my neighbor do some for me with his 12 row running markers only and I followed with my 10 planter. It worked surprising well to be honest. In 10 acres.... there were only 2 one time that were completely off.

I'll see what I can do to grab a few pics of what my setup does in wheat stubble, I'm just in the process of finishing that up this fall.

I'll try to answer any other questions ya might have... just holler.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)